As our community welcomes the month of Ramadan, the Hoover Crescent Islamic Center, the Homewood Masjid and the West Side Masjid will try to put together all possible efforts to make it comfortable for each and every one. Please follow the instructions of our shura and our hard working volunteers.
It is our policy to follow The Fiqh Council of North America, recognizing the astronomical calculation as an acceptable Shar’i method for determining the beginning of Lunar months including the month of Ramadan. On the basis of this method the dates of Ramadan for the year 1441 AH is established as April 24, 2020 – May 23, 2020. Please visit http://fiqhcouncil.org/ramadan-shawwal-1440-2019/ for more information.
Community Iftar & Taraweeh:
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we will not be having community wide iftar or Taraweeh at any of the masjids at this time.
Ramadan Virtual Events:
- BIS Virtual Fundraising on Saturday, May 9th after Maghrib via YouTube.
- Ramadan Quran Competition: May 16th, click here to register before the deadline, May 13th.
- QiyamuAlayyl starts on May, 13th. More details to come later.
Daily Virtual live Sessions:
- After Fajr Khatirah by Sheikh Sameh via Zoom
- Dua and Adhan will be live every evening at Maghrib on YouTube
- Live Streaming on YouTube every evening during Ramadan:
- Juz’ Quran Recitation 8:45– 9:10 PM by Sheikh Tariq Mango
- Juz’ Tafseer 9:10 by Imam Sameh on YouTube
- Juz’ Quran Recitation 9:20-9:45 PM by Sheikh Ali Mubarak on You
- Question of the Day: Each day a challenge question will be posted on the BISAPP, the answer will be presented the following day live in Zoom. Click here for directions.
Weekly Virtual Activities:
- Children’s Story Time every Wednesday at 3 PM to be broadcasted in Zoom and posted on BIS Facebook.
- Recipe of the week on BIS Facebook.
Please donate generously during Ramadan to meet our operating expenses