As our community welcomes the month of Ramadan, the Hoover Crescent Islamic Center, the Homewood Masjid and the West Side Masjid will try to put together all possible efforts to make it comfortable for each and every one. Please follow the instructions of our shura and our hard working volunteers.
It is our policy to follow The Fiqh Council of North America, recognizing the astronomical calculation as an acceptable Shar’i method for determining the beginning of Lunar months including the month of Ramadan. On the basis of this method the dates of Ramadan for the year 1442 AH is established as April 13, 2021 – May 11, 2021. Please visit http://fiqhcouncil.org/ramadan-shawwal-1442-2021/ for more information.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we will not be having community wide iftar at any of the masjids at this time.
Isha & Taraweeh prayer will be offered at all masjids, 9 – 10 PM.
- Everyone will be screened at the door before entering, doors will open at 8:45 PM
- Mask must be worn at all times
- You must come with wudu, restrooms will not be open
- 6 feet of space required between individual
- Everyone in attendance at any of the masjid is doing so at his/her own risk
Children under the age of 12 years old will not be allowed.
- BIS Virtual Fundraising on Friday 4/30 at HCIC, Saturday 5/1 at Homewood via YouTube.
- Ramadan Quran Competition: May 8, 2021 at HCIC, registration will be open soon.
- QiyamuAlayyl TBA
- Question of the Day: Each day a challenge question will be posted on the BISAPP, the answer will be presented the following day. Click here for directions.
Please donate generously during Ramadan to meet our operating expenses