Click here to register for the competition.
The du’a is one the simplest acts a believer can make to communicate and establish a connection with his or her Creator.
In the Qur’an, Surah Baqarah, verse 186, Allah (swt) says, “When My servants ask you about Me, (tell them), I am really close to them, I listen to the prayer of each supplicant when he invokes Me”.
I would like to present to you a du’a everyday in Ramadan, and at the end of Ramadan we will have a du’a contest.
- Every participant will be tested on five random du’as.
- The winner will receive a gift.
- The contestant is required to memorize and recite them in Arabic.
- The contestant will be asked about the general meaning in English of the du’a.
- In case that some prophets have more than one du’a, then the contestant is allowed to choose one of them.
- The daily du’a will be announced via the BIS social media (BIS Facebook and BIS Instagram) and the BIS app.
- This contest is designed for all ages.
- The contest will take place at the Hoover Crescent Islamic Center on Saturday, April 30th, after Asr prayer.
- In order for the verse to be memorized correctly, some websites will be recommended, such as: “House of Quran” and “Quran explorer”.
- If you have any questions, please contact Sh. Tariq Mango (BISResidentScholar@bisweb.org).