The Birmingham Islamic Society of Alabama (USA) is seeking a full-time Imam.
Candidates who meet the following criteria may apply:
- Must belong to Sunnah Jamah.
- Possesses working knowledge of leading a diverse community in the West.
- Bi-lingual; fluent in English and working knowledge in Arabic.
- Correct recitation of Quran.
- Ability to deal with social issues facing community.
- Must have fair knowledge of Islam and the ability to educate the community.
- Must accept the idea of maintaining relationship with the interfaith (reading/writing) in Islam community without compromising with the Islamic principles.
Application reviews begin immediately until the position is filled. Résumés will be accepted (with references) and may be submitted via email or send it to Birmingham Islamic Society, 2524 Hackberry Lane, Hoover, AL 35226.
Any questions, please call 205-879-4247.